Apply for a Property
Find a Property
Finding your perfect property can often be a challenging and time consuming process. That is why every Rent Star property has professional photography and detailed scripts giving you a detailed insight before you arrange an inspection. This helps narrow your search saving you time and energy.
Using our ‘Find a Property to Rent’ search tool you can view all currently, and soon to be available properties that match your criteria.
Booking an Inspection
Once you’ve found a property that you’re interested in, you then need to book an inspection. All you need to do is click the Email Agent icon and one of our leasing team will be in contact with you to arrange a private inspection or inform you of the next inspection times. Inspection times may also be advertised on the property advertisement, please note you will need to register for these inspections using the Email Agent icon.
Can I apply for a property without seeing the property in person?
We require all applicants to inspect the property in person before submitting a tenancy application. We understand that there are occasionally circumstances which prevent this so we also allow you the option to send someone on your behalf. Unfortunately if you don’t meet this criteria, we cannot process your application. Similarly, we will not process your application 'pending an inspection'.
Submitting Your Application
Once you have viewed a property, you are then able to submit your application for tenancy. Our rental applications can be submitted via fax, post, email or handed in at the inspection.
What to Include in Your Application
Each individual applicant over the age of 18 will be required to submit a complete application with all required attachments.
We can only complete processing if your entire application and all required attachments are submitted. Exclusions will result in additional delay and could compromise the likelihood of your application being progressed.
Processing Your Application
Here’s what we’ll look at when processing your application:
- Double check that you have fully completed your application form including all the attachments that we require;
- We’ll check your identification to ensure that all details line up as they should;
- We then do a basic affordability test for all people applying on your lease to make sure that the rent is within your means;
- We’ll contact your employer to ensure your employment and income details are current and correct.
- All applicants will be checked against a national tenancy database so that we’re aware of any past discrepancies in rental payments or prior property damage;
- Applications that meet our criteria will be passed to the property owner who'll make the final decision on which application to progress;
- If you’re application is selected we will notify you immediately to arrange a sign-up meeting, unsuccessful applicants will be notified as soon as a tenant is secured.
How Long Does it take to Process an Application?
We will endeavour to have an answer to you within 24 - 48 hours. If your application is approved, you will be required to pay a minimum of 2 weeks rent to secure the property. Once paid, this amount is non-refundable.
Accepting & Signing the Lease
Once you have been accepted for a property we will make an initial phone call to advise that your application has been successful and to arrange a time for you to come and sign the lease. In order to secure the property we require all individuals who will be on the lease to meet within 24-48 hours of being approved so that we can stop advertising the property.
When you meet with us we will carefully explain the details of the lease including our expectations and obligations. As we need to explain all your tenancy details thoroughly, please allocate up to 45 minutes for your tenancy induction. We will also explain our zero tolerance policy for late rent payment, the bond lodgment process, action for emergency repairs and help to arrange payment methods through our DEFT payment system if necessary. At this point you will be required to sign the lease, pay two weeks rent in advance and pay the agreed bond amount (the equivalent of four weeks rent in most cases).
Please make all Bank Cheques/Money Orders out to Rent Star.